Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
We may share customer information with non-affiliated parties so that they may offer, market and advertise products and services directly to our customers. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, you may opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties at no charge by sending us an email at email@example.com which must include your request, including your name, phone number, and email address. You may also request any information concerning you previously disclosed by Rockstar by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org which must include the same information. Please note that Rockstar is not required to respond to such requests regarding disclosed information more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any request which is not sent to the email address designated above.
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
(a) Personal Information. This refers to your personally identifiable information, which may include your first and last name, telephone number, email address, mailing address, and Payment Account Information (as defined below). Many areas and features on our Site do not require registration and may be accessed by you without having to disclose any Personal Information. However, to the extent you voluntarily provide your Personal Information to us, we collect such information. For example, we collect Personal Information from you: (i) when you register to become a member on our Site; (ii) when you register to participate in a Rockstar Sponsored Event; (iii) when you join our electronic mailing list; (iv) when you purchase a product from us online (in such event we collect your credit card or other payment account information (“Payment Account Information”) in order for us to accept, process, manage and fulfill a purchase order as well as to process a return and refund request from you after the purchase); and/or (v) when you submit a request or inquiry to us on our Site (each of the foregoing is referred to hereinafter as a “Transaction or Request”). Whether or not to disclose Personal Information is completely your choice. However, without your information, we will not be able to process your Transaction or Request.
(b) Aggregate and Anonymous Information. This refers to any information that does not identify you individually. For example, we collect aggregate various traffic data regarding our Site. We may also combine “User Activity Information” (as described below) about you and other users of our Site to generate aggregate information that reflects activities, habits, preferences, interests, etc. about our users as a group. In addition, we may take Personal Information and make it non-personally identifiable, such as by aggregating your information with information about other individuals, or by removing personally-identifiable elements (such as names) so as to anonymize your information.
To the extent we use User Activity Information in a manner that identifies a specific user individually, it will be treated as Personal Information. Otherwise, User Activity Information will be treated as Aggregate and Anonymous Information.
Promotion Entities will not acknowledge or confirm receipt of any Entries, regardless of entry method used. Promotion Entities are not responsible for Internet provider or cellular carrier or cell tower glitches or outages that result in the non-receipt of any participants’ entry attempts. Promotion Entities are not responsible for Entries that are garbled, corrupted, or otherwise unascertainable or incomprehensible. All Entries must be submitted by the End Date, any Entries or entry attempts received thereafter will be destroyed.
2. OUR USE OF INFORMATION
Rockstar uses information collected from and/or about our users and customers to improve our products and services, to improve the pages and content of our Site, to administer and maintain operations of our Site, to administer and manage transactions and relationships with our users and customers, to offer, market and advertise products and services to our users and customers, and to conduct market research and analysis.
(b) For Marketing and Advertising Purposes. We may use your Personal Information and/or User Activity Information to offer, market and advertise to you, on our Site and/or via email, our and/or third-party products and services that may be of interest to you.
(c) For Market Research Purposes. We may use Aggregate and Anonymous Information (including such information derived from Personal Information and User Activity Information) to conduct market research and analysis for ourselves as well as for our sponsors and business partners.
3. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES OUTSIDE ROCKSTAR
(a) Disclosure to Non-Affiliates for Direct Marketing/Advertising Purposes. We do not, but may in the future, share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties so that they may offer, market and advertise products and services directly to you. If and when that happens, we will provide our customers with advance notice and the choice to opt out of such information sharing.
Please note, however, that under no circumstances do we knowingly share your Payment Account Information with non-affiliated third parties for direct marketing and advertising purposes (except with your prior consent).
(b) Disclosure to Co-Sponsors. From time to time, we may co-sponsor (online and offline) events and/or product/service offerings with non-affiliated third parties. If you participate in such co-sponsored events or offerings, any Personal Information and User Activity Information we collect from you based on your participation may be shared with our co-sponsors who may use such information for their own marketing and advertising purposes. You must contact our co-sponsors directly in order to opt out of their use of your information for marketing and advertising purposes.
(c) Disclosure to Service Providers. We may disclose your Personal Information and User Activity Information to our outside vendors and contractors who need to access such information in order to perform their services (including, without limitation, transaction/payment processing, order fulfillment, survey/contest/sweepstakes administration and prize fulfillment, data research and analysis, data collection and processing, data storage, data security, hosting and technical support for our Site, and marketing and advertising support) to us (collectively, “Service Providers”). We generally require that our Service Providers use your information shared by us solely for the purposes of performing their services to us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of such information and not further disclose the information to others.
4. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE: YOUR CHOICES
Please also note that if the email address you provide to us is a “wireless” email address (i.e. the address is designated by a wireless service carrier specifically for transmitting emails to a wireless device), we will not send marketing emails to that address without your prior opt-in consent. The FCC has established a list of domain names used by wireless service providers to transmit emails to wireless devices at http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/policy/DomainNameDownload.html. Wireless service providers must add new domain names to this list within 30 days of activating them. If your email address contains a domain name on this list (after the “@” symbol), then we will treat your email address as a wireless email address. However, the mere fact that you can retrieve emails from your regular Internet email account on your mobile/wireless device does not make your Internet email address a “wireless” email address.(b) Opt-Out for Disclosure to Non-Affiliates for Direct Marketing/Advertising Purposes. We do not currently, but may in the future, share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties so that they may offer, market and advertise products and services directly to you. You may at any time opt out of such information sharing, by sending your request to us via email at email@example.com. We may also provide you with an opportunity to opt out at the time you register for a Rockstar Sponsored Event, such as by checking an opt-out box on the registration page.
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Rockstar understands the importance of protecting the security and integrity of personal information that our customers have shared with us, and will endeavor to safeguard your Personal Information. All Payment Account Information provided by you in connection with an online transaction with our Site will be protected by encryption using the standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, and we retain your Payment Account Information for only as long as is necessary to process your membership and other related transactions with us. It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to any passwords and to your computer. We will attempt to notify you in the event we become aware of a breach or suspected breach of the security of your Personal Information stored by us.
While Rockstar will attempt to safeguard your Personal Information, it cannot guarantee the absolute security of such information. You understand and agree that Rockstar shall not be liable for any breach of the security of your Personal Information resulting from causes or events that are beyond Rockstar’s control, including, without limitation, your own act or omission, corruption of storage media, defects in third-party data security products or services, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, hacking, sabotage, or terrorism. Please note that any information that you post in any public, community or interactive areas on our Site (e.g. chat rooms, bulletin boards, message boards, and discussion groups) will be accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others and may result in unsolicited or unwanted messages or contact from others.
7. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
8. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our Site is not designed or intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 on our Site. Children under the age of 13 will not be permitted to register on our Site. If we discover that any registration is made by an underage child, such registration will be immediately and permanently canceled and removed from our Site, with or without notice.
10. OUR CONTACT INFORMATION
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sweepstakes Entities as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold judging from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Prizes offered herein. Entrant (or entrant’s parent/legal guardian, if entrant is a minor in the state of his/her residence) further agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor reserves the right to forfeit or award any unclaimed or leftover Prize at its sole discretion.
9. DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, other than those concerning the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of winner or for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the participation in a Prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any disputes arising out of these Official Rules (except for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the use of Prizes) shall be submitted to final, binding arbitration conducted in Nevada, under the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services Inc. before a single, neutral arbitrator who is a former or retired Nevada state or federal court judge with experience in entertainment matters who shall follow Nevada law and the Federal Rules of Evidence and have no authority to award punitive damages. Either party may enforce a final arbitration award in any court of competent jurisdiction in Nevada, including an award of costs, fees and expenses incurred in enforcing the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sweepstakes Entities shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief (unless otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules) in the state and federal courts of Nevada. Any dispute or portion thereof, or any claim for a particular form of relief (not otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules), that may not be arbitrated pursuant to applicable state or federal law may be heard only in a court of competent jurisdiction in Nevada; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out- of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nevada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Nevada, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Nevada.
10. SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS: For the Sweepstakes Winner’s name (available after September 1, 2016), send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by August 31, 2016 to: Winners List, 100 Days of Summer Sweepstakes, Brandmovers, Inc., 590 Means Street, Suite 250, Atlanta, GA 30318.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you haven't found an answer to your question within the Official Rules, or the Frequently Asked Questions, you may send us a message, and someone will be able to assist you further. - Thank you!