Unfortunately, no. Our legal department requires that all our contests be limited to 18 years of age and older. (or 19 and older in AL and NE).
Contest Rules and Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any other questions not answered here, please send us a message. Contact Us
Can I enter if I'm not 18 years old?
2018 ROCKSTAR GOD OF WAR SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Rockstar God of War Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States, the District of Columbia and Canada, who are the age of majority or older in state/province of residence. Age of majority in US and DC is 18 (19 in AL & NE). Age of majority in Canada is 18 in AB, MB, ON, PE, QC and SK; and 19 in BC, NB, NT and NS. Void in Hawaii, Alaska, and where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Rockstar, Inc., 101 Convention Center Dr., Suite 777, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (the "Sponsor"), Brandmovers, Inc., 590 Means Street, Suite 250, Atlanta, GA 30318 ("Administrator”), or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively with Sponsor and Administrator, the "Sweepstakes Entities") and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step- siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Entry Periods: The Sweepstakes begins on April 17, 2018 at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on May 14, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM PT (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes Period will be broken out into twenty-seven (27) daily entry periods, each beginning at 12:00:01 AM PT and ending at 11:59:59 PM PT each day throughout the Sweepstakes Period (each, a “Daily Entry Pool”) as specifically set forth in the Daily Entry and Drawing Chart below. The Website (defined below) clock is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There are two (2) ways to enter into the Sweepstakes:
Text Messaging: To enter through the text messaging method Entrant must text the code “GOW” to 69979 using a two-way text messaging capable device. Once Entrant has completed the foregoing, he/she will have earned one (1) entry (a “Text Entry”) into the Sweepstakes.
Entrants who use text messaging to enter will be charged according to their carriers' standard messaging and data rates and entrants should contact their carriers for pricing details. Check your owners' manual for specific text messaging instructions. Text messaging may not be available through all wireless carriers. Standard text messaging rates and Internet data rates may apply and Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any fees incurred by participating in this Sweepstakes. All text messages must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT each day to be entered into that day’s Daily Entry Pool, or by 11:59:59 PM PT on May 14, 2018 to be entered into the final Daily Entry Pool. Text message not available in all areas or on all carriers.
Text “STOP” to 69979 to stop. Text “HELP” to 69979 for help.
Website Entry: Visit win.rockstarenergy.com/gow (“Website”), find “Rockstar God of War Sweepstakes” and follow the onscreen instructions for completing all required entry fields. Once you have completed the entry form, and have agreed to these Official Rules, then click “submit” to be entered into the Sweepstakes (“Website Entry”).
The Text Entry and Website Entry are hereafter referred to collectively as “Entry” or “Entries.” Sweepstakes Entities will not acknowledge or confirm receipt of any Entries, regardless of entry method used. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for Internet provider or cellular carrier or cell tower glitches or outages that result in the non-receipt of any participants’ entry attempts. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for Entries that are garbled, corrupted, or otherwise unascertainable or incomprehensible. All Entries must be submitted by the End Date, any Entries or entry attempts received thereafter will be destroyed.
Limit one (1) Entry per Entrant, per method of entry, as described above, per Daily Entry Pool. Only one (1) individual cellular telephone number per Entrant may be used in connection with this Sweepstakes. Any person who attempts to participate by using multiple cellular telephone numbers, multiple identities, or by using any device or artifice to participate in violation of the terms stated in these official Rules, may be disqualified by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar participation methods or agents will void such participation in the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute over who is an Entrant or who an Entry corresponds to, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the Sweepstakes as of the actual time that such information was received by Sponsor, will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account subscriber” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event of a dispute over who is an Entrant or who an Entry submitted through the Text Entry method corresponds to, the authorized cellular telephone service account linked to the cellular telephone number used to enter the Sweepstakes as of the actual time that such information was received by Sponsor, will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized cellular telephone account” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a cellular telephone number by a cellular telephone service provider that is responsible for assigning cellular telephone numbers for the cellular telephone network associated with the cellular phone number used to enter the Sweepstakes.
Sweepstakes Entities may require an Entrant to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entrants may be required to indicate their acceptance to the Official Rules where indicated at the time of registration; provided, however, that any Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes, and is deemed, such Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to the Official Rules and any and all decisions of Sweepstakes Entities, which are final and binding in all respects. All Entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes and/or these Official Rules.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS: For each Daily Entry Pool, one (1) Daily Winner will be selected via a random drawing on the dates set forth in the Daily Entry and Drawing Chart below. Each random drawing will be conducted by Administrator from among all eligible entries received in the applicable Daily Entry Pool on the dates set forth in these Official Rules. Limit one (1) prize per Entrant/person during the entire Sweepstakes Period. All non-winning entries from any Daily Entry Pool WILL roll over into subsequent Daily Entry Pools. The potential Grand Prize Winners will be notified by email on or about the day of the applicable random drawing, and each will have seventy-two (72) hours from the time a Grand Prize Winner notification is sent by Administrator to respond to the notification. In the event a potential Grand Prize Winner fails to respond to a Grand Prize Winner notification with seventy-two (72) hours, he/she will forfeit his/her right to the Grand Prize and the Grand Prize may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be awarded to an alternate Grand Prize Winner, time permitting.
|Daily Entry Pool Star Dates:*||Daily Drawing Date:|
* Daily Entry Pool Start at 12:00:00 AM PT and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT.
Upon receiving the Winner notification response, Administrator may send each potential Winner an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity (where legal) and Liability Release (if a United States resident) OR a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability Release (if a Canadian resident), which will need to be completed, signed and returned to Administrator within seven (7) days of receipt of the Release. If a resident of Canada, the potential winner must also correctly answer a time-based mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind prior to and as a condition of being declared a winner. If any Prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, that Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner, time permitting. Administrator and Sponsor are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, or illegible paperwork. By signing the Release, Winners acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules. Odds of winning a Prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
5. CONDITIONS FOR AWARDING PRIZE: Winners must meet all eligibility requirements. In the event a potential Grand Prize Winner is deemed ineligible, or is not available to claim a Grand Prize during the specified dates, then an alternate Winner may be selected at random from eligible entries received, time permitting.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVS”): Twenty-seven (27) Grand Prize Winners [one (1) per Daily Entry Pool] - A PS4 Pro and God of War Video Game. ARV: $460.00 USD each. Total ARV of all prizes is: $12,420.00 USD. Any and all guarantees and warranties for any Prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and the Winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Prize will be awarded as is. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by any Winner, but Sponsor may substitute a Prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. The Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, if applicable.
8. QUEBEC RESIDENTS LITIGATION/DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
9. Entry Conditions and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant's entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Sweepstakes, the Submission, acceptance or use or misuse of prize and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry or the Submission; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant's acceptance, use or misuse of prize or any portion thereof.
10. General Conditions: Subject only to the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) with respect to residents of Quebec, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner by random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such random drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Sweepstakes Entities as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold judging from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Prizes offered herein. Entrant (or entrant’s parent/legal guardian, if entrant is a minor in the state of his/her residence) further agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor reserves the right to forfeit or award any unclaimed or leftover Prize at its sole discretion.
12. Disputes/Governing Law: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, other than those concerning the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of winner or for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the participation in a Prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any disputes arising out of these Official Rules (except for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the use of Prizes) shall be submitted to final, binding arbitration conducted in Nevada, under the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services Inc. before a single, neutral arbitrator who is a former or retired Nevada state or federal court judge with experience in entertainment matters who shall follow Nevada law and the Federal Rules of Evidence and have no authority to award punitive damages. Either party may enforce a final arbitration award in any court of competent jurisdiction in Nevada, including an award of costs, fees and expenses incurred in enforcing the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sweepstakes Entities shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief (unless otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules) in the state and federal courts of Nevada. Any dispute or portion thereof, or any claim for a particular form of relief (not otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules), that may not be arbitrated pursuant to applicable state or federal law may be heard only in a court of competent jurisdiction in Nevada; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out- of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nevada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Nevada, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Nevada.
13. Sweepstakes Winners: For the Sweepstakes Winner’s name (available after May 30, 2018), send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by May 21, 2018 to: Winners List, Rockstar God of War Sweepstakes, Brandmovers, Inc., 590 Means Street, Suite 250, Atlanta, GA 30318.
14. Official Rules: For a copy of these Official Rules send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by May 21, 2018 to: Official Rules – Rockstar God of War Sweepstakes, Brandmovers, Inc., 590 Means Street, Suite 250, Atlanta, GA 30318. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by printing this Website.
15. SPONSOR Rockstar, Inc., 101 Convention Center Dr., Suite 777, Las Vegas, NV 89109.
ADMINISTRATOR: Brandmovers, 590 Means Street, Ste 250, Atlanta, GA 30318
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes. God of War is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. “PlayStation” and “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks, and “PS4” is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. God of War ESRB Rating: Mature with Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language.